Artist Submission Guidelines
Hatch Art House is located at 1248 Williamson St in Madison, WI. We share the area with a wide selection of locally-owned shops, which makes the Willy St neighborhood a fantastic shopping destination for both locals and visitors to Madison.
Hatch first opened in 2010 and over the years, we have maintained our mission to support local artists, emerging and established. Our gallery features only artists based in the state of Wisconsin, with an emphasis on affordable and upcycled art. We carry the work of 60+ artists, including fine artists, jewelry makers, and crafters, and the selection of work is always changing.
What does that mean for you?
If you are interested in becoming a Hatch artist please review all of our requirements before submitting.
- You must be a Wisconsin resident. Hatch only carries the work of Wisconsin-based artists.
- Your work must be a good fit for Hatch. Visiting Hatch in person or looking through our social media pages is strongly recommended.
- Facebook: Hatch Art House
- Instagram: Hatch Art House
- You must have an established body of work, including products that are available to sell now and can be restocked in the future. If you are invited to join Hatch, we may want to get your work in the store ASAP.
- You must be willing to sell and restock your work at Hatch for at least 6 months. The actual exhibition period may vary, but we prefer to work with artists who are able to restock periodically if a product does well.
- Hatch, along with most Madison galleries, has a 50/50 consignment rate.
- Due to limited space, new artist selections are juried. If we feel your work is a good fit but we don’t have room in the shop at the moment, we may ask you to resubmit at a later date.
- We do not accept walk-in submissions. We are happy to answer submission related questions as you shop, but as we are a retail gallery, we have a responsibility to attend to other customers and shop duties.
- We are unable to respond to all submissions. As much as we wish we could respond to everyone, due to the volume of submissions we receive and the duties of running Hatch, we are unable to respond to every submission. If we feel your work would be a great fit for Hatch at that time, we will respond. If not, please don’t take it personally! Hatch accepts work that will sell to our market at the time.
If you meet all of the requirements, here’s how to submit!
- Entries must be submitted via email. Any other form of submission will not be considered.
- Email entries to email@example.com.
- The subject line should read: Artist Submission
- Please include:
- A short bio about you and your work
- Numerous photos (jpegs) and/or a link to photos of your work (Etsy, website, etc.)
- Retail prices
Again, while we wish we could, we are unable to respond to all submissions. If we think your work is a good fit for Hatch at the time of submission, we will most likely be in touch within the next few weeks. If a spot opens up in the future, we will look through our saved submissions and may reach out. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
3 responses to “Hatching Artists”
Do you offer classes for children?
No, we don’t offer classes. I would recommend looking into Atwood Art Room. https://sites.google.com/site/atwoodartroomcom/home
Sadly, the Atwood Art Room does not exist anymore. BUT we now have Bare Knuckle Arts in the neighborhood! Check it out here: http://www.bareknucklearts.com/